"Stop the Abuse"
January 23, 2012
The Senate Judiciary Committee Needs Your Calls Before Thursday's Vote On VAWA
The Senate Judiciary Committee is expected to vote on the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) this coming Thursday at 10am. As you know, we have found many flaws in this bill, which is why we created the Partner Violence Reduction Act (PVRA).
The Partner Violence Reduction Act:
1. Gives priority to real victims.
2. Reduces false allegations.
3. Removes provisions that violate the Constitution.
4. Protects families.
5. Provides legal assistance for alleged victim and alleged offender.
6. Requires third-party accreditation.
7. Curbs immigration fraud.
8. Makes the law gender-inclusive.
Today we'd like you to call members on the committee. Tell them to reject VAWA and to support the Partner Violence Reduction Act. More info: